Our objective is to make an inclusive provision for all children and we support a wide range of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in the following ways:
- A Special Educational Needs coordinator (SENCo). The role of the SENCo involves:
- Ensuring all practitioners in the setting understand their responsibilities to children with SEND and the setting’s approach to identifying and meeting SEND;
- Advising and supporting colleagues;
- Ensuring parents are closely involved throughout and that their insights inform action taken by the setting; and
- Liaising with professionals or agencies beyond the setting
- A community support team comprised of individuals trained in a number of specialisms including a therapeutic play specialist and staff trained in supporting children who have experience emotional trauma.
- Staff who have additional training in areas including supporting speech and language development and autistic spectrum condition and who work closely with health professionals including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists and educational psychologists.
- A room in our main daycare building (an “Early Inclusion Space”) to support dedicated tailored interventions in a distraction free environment.
- The opportunity for parents to attend informal support and social groups, parenting workshops and family trips during the holidays.
- An augmented staff to child ratio in our daycare provision where additional support is required and funding can be secured.
For further information, see our SEND Frequently Asked Questions.